Our firm has extensive experience with employment law. Ms. Cozakos helps individuals, executives, and small businesses navigate through employee issues. Most employers are concerned about protecting their trade secrets and preventing employees from taking their proprietary information to a competitor. We can help not only prepare the right non-competition agreement – but enforce them on your behalf and contest those that are unreasonable. We represent employers and employees with prevention policies; EEOC claims; discrimination and harassment litigation, and non-competition agreements and disputes.
We handle the following:
• Wrongful termination
• Unlawful hiring practices
• Workplace discrimination
• McFadden v. Stinker Stores, Inc. Idaho State Court, County of Ada: Obtained defense verdict for Stinker Stores following a court trial against claims of sexual harassment and retaliation.
• Kim v. Project Patch, et al Idaho State Court, County of Ada: Obtained $2.3 million dollar verdict against treatment facility and employee for claims of negligent supervision of the employee.
• Egelhoff v. Wyndham Worldwide U.S. District Court for the District of Idaho: Obtained partial summary judgment dismissal of disability claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act and favorable settlement for Wyndham Worldwide.
• Brennan v. Qwest Communications U.S. District Court for the District of Idaho: Obtained summary judgment dismissal of disability claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act for Qwest Communications.
• Allred v. Home Depot: Represented Plaintiff in a pregnancy discrimination case.